Your privacy is critically important to us. At Utility Business Media we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact our support team.
Utility Business Media, Inc. (“UBM”) operates several websites including UBM.com, UtilityFleetProfessional.com, Incident-Prevention.com and iPInstitute.com. It is UBM’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, UBM collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. UBM’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how UBM’s visitors use its website.
UBM also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on its blogs and forums. UBM only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to UBM’s websites choose to interact with UBM in ways that require UBM to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that UBM gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. Those who engage in transactions with UBM – by subscribing, registering or purchasing access to its contents or events – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, UBM collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with UBM. UBM does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information about you:
- To provide you with services and information that you have requested from us or that we think may be of interest to you.
- To send account notices or otherwise manage your account, respond to requests, inquiries, comments or concerns.
- To offer you customized content and individualized personalization of the Services to make them more relevant to your professional interests and responsibilities.
- To ask for your input to help in our research about our services.
- To contact you with information about products, services, events and research opportunities (ours and other companies’) directed at your professional interests and responsibilities.
- To give suppliers in our communities a limited opportunity to find you: We make contact data, including email and mail addresses, available in certain of our subscription-only databases. If you wish to find out whether contact information about you is in a database or to have data removed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any other purpose that we disclose when you give us the information.
UBM may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. UBM may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, UBM does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
UBM discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on UBM’s behalf or to provide services available at UBM’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using UBM’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. UBM will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, UBM discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when UBM believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of UBM, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an UBM website and have supplied your email address, UBM may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with UBM and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. UBM takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If UBM, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that UBM goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of UBM may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
© Utility Business Media, Inc. 2021